Turn your love of animals into an exciting career! Veterinary Science provides the opportunity to prepare for careers in the animal care industry and will provide students with a working knowledge of small animal industries. In this two-year half-day program, students will learn to support veterinarians by providing assistance during animal examinations; treatment administration and monitoring; managing animal and related health record information; and how to perform a range of selected practice-related duties. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment in pet and pet supply stores, grooming salons, kennel, animal humane societies, farms and ranches. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as veterinary technician, veterinary assistant, and animal research.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Harcum College, Manor College and Delaware Valley University. Students who successfully complete EASTERN’s Veterinary Science program with an average grade of “B” or better may receive 3 credit hours for Harcum College’s ACM 101 – Introduction to Animal Center Management.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn Occupational Safety and Health Administration 10 – Healthcare.
- Grade of ‘C’ or better in Algebra I and II
- Grade of ‘C’ or better in Biology or Advanced Science Course (College Prep Level)
- High school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- No Animal Allergies
- No disciplinary issues at the participating high school
- Good attendance
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $100 – $375
Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Congress-Bundestag German Scholarship
- Director’s Award
- Dr. Reva Winkler Memorial Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Post-Secondary Education Award
- Robert I. Morrison Memorial Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Scholarship)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.