Networking and Cybersecurity
Be a college student while still in high school! While in EASTERN's Networking and Cybersecurity program, you can choose to enroll in Montgomery County Community College for up to 12 transferable credits! In this two-year half day program, students must pass the TestOut Windows Server Certification in the first year of the program and are prepared for other industry certification exams. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program. More and more businesses need network administrators now. Get your start here!
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for careers in network and systems administration. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as network and computer administrator, computer network support specialist, network engineer and security.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Montgomery County Community College, Penn State Abington, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Temple University, Drexel University, and IUP. Students may participate in dual enrollment for up to 12 transferable college credits at Montgomery County Community College.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can obtain, TestOut Microsoft Server, CompTIA ITF+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +, Cisco CCT, and Cisco CCNA Security Badge.
Strong math background recommended.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $400-$600 per year (includes college tuition and books). Access to a working computer (Windows) is a must
Meet Your Instructor
Networking & Cybersecurity and You
- Learn how to Use a Switch and a Router
- Abington High School Alumni
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- NCS Advisory Committee Recognition Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.