A world without electricity is hard to imagine! Our training will provide the essential hands-on and safety skills that a student needs to pursue a rewarding career in the electrical construction industry. This two-year multi-faceted career program enables the student to learn the basics of electricity as well as residential and commercial wiring, data cabling and basic fiber optic installation. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as electrician’s helper, maintenance helper, or electrician upon completion of the Journeymen’s certification. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as residential or commercial electrician, and electrical engineering.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Bucks County Community College, EASTERN’s Continuing Education Electrician Program, Montgomery County Community College, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Temple University, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology and Williamson Trade School. Students may also qualify for advanced placement college credit at Pennsylvania College of Technology or want to consider an apprenticeship program after high school.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn their Occupational Safety and Health Administration 10 certification, Mobile Ladder Safety Articulated Ladder Safety, Single and Extension Ladder Safety, and Step Ladder Safety Training provided by the American Ladder Institute, and S/P2 – Construction, an online certification that teaches safety and career readiness skills.
Students must have good color vision and the ability to climb moderate heights on a ladder.
Materials and fees:
Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Christopher Laroche Memorial Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Edward J. Duff Award
- Electrical Technology OAC Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Grainger Award
- Hatboro Lions Club Award
- Hatboro Rotary
- Henkels & McCoy, Inc. Award
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Klein Tool Company Award
- Luke Wynn Gallagher Memorial Award
- Magdeline Felmey Memorial Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.