Design, Photography, and Illustration
You’ll develop your own portfolio! This two-year career program covers everything from conceptual drawing and design to a professional portfolio. Students learn the value and application of their unique styles in both design and illustration and how to use industry-standard software on the Macintosh platform. Core software includes Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Upon completion of the program, students will have a portfolio consisting of items for entry into their postsecondary school of choice as well as National Portfolio Day. Senior students will have their portfolios reviewed by art school representatives. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for careers in commercial illustration, image editing and graphic design. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as graphic design, commercial illustration, digital imaging design, animation, computer-generated graphic art, and multi-media specialist.
- Postsecondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Fashion Institute of Technology, Full Sail University, Hussian College, IUP, Kutztown University, Marywood University, Montgomery County Community College, Pennsylvania College of Art and Design, Penn State Abington, Temple/Tyler School of Art, University of the Arts and West Chester University. Students may qualify for advanced placement college credits at Pennsylvania College of Art and Design and Hussian College.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification exam in Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign. ACA certification offers students a foundation for success by validating their digital skills.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $125 – $155.
Meet Your Instructors
Learn More: Design, Photography, and Illustration
- Abington High School Alumni
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Design, Photography, and Illustration Award for Professionalism
- Design, Photography, and Illustration OAC Service Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- United States Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award
(Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.