Lay the foundation for a towering future! Get satisfaction from building projects and working with current materials used in the field to refine your construction skills. This two-year career program is the first step for students interested in pursuing a successful career in the construction field. Students will work on both residential and commercial construction in the school’s lab area. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as carpenter pre-apprentice, exterior remodeling and installation, and roofing and siding. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as general contractor, renovations and remodeling specialist, architect, finish carpenter or specialty contractor.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Montgomery County Community College, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Penn State Abington, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology and Williamson Trade School. Students may qualify for advanced placement college credit at Pennsylvania College of Technology or want to consider an apprenticeship program after high school.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn Occupational Safety and Health Administration 10 certification, and S/P2 – Construction, which is an online certification that teaches safety and career readiness skills.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $85 – $100
Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Construction Technology Advisory Committee Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Grainger Award
- Hatboro Lions Club Award
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Thornton’s Carpentry Award
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.