Business and Technology Professional
Explore the possibilities of professionalism! Some of the best paying jobs in the U.S. are those that require computer skills, professionalism and communication skills. The Business and Technology Professional program will prepare students for a career in a professional business environment. In this two-year half-day program, students study the current Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other communications technologies. Students will leave the program well-versed on creating spreadsheets, composing correspondence, managing databases, creating presentations, document management and on the use of office machines. Students will enhance their communication, independent thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and soft skills. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as data input specialist, customer service representative and administrative assistant. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as human resources, legal office manager, health records management, accounting clerk and office manager.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Clarion University, Community College of Philadelphia, Johnson and Wales University, Montgomery County Community College, Northampton Community College, Pennsylvania College of Technology and Temple University. Business and Technology Professional students may participate in dual enrollment with Montgomery County Community College for 9 transferable college credits.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can obtain Microsoft Office Specialist - Word and Excel certifications, and OSHA – General Industry.
- Materials and fees:
Year 1 – approximately $387; Year 2 – approximately $190. Fees are subject to change based on MCCC tuition rates. Access to a working computer (Windows) is a must.
Meet Your Instructor
Business and Technology Professional and You
- Learn how to do an Excel Spreadsheet Budget
- Abington High School AlumniAssociation Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Business and Technology Professional Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- EASTERN Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement-Office Management
- Hatboro Lions Club Award
- Hatboro Rotary
- OAC Future Business Leaders Award
- Robert I. Morrison Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.