Read here about the security requirements to enter our building.
About Pre-Entrance Testing
Please be aware there are deadline dates for the TEAS test, our pre-entrance test, along with the Application, for each class.
1. Passing the Pre-entrance Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required for all individuals who plan to apply to the Practical Nursing Program. The following information will assist you in scheduling a reservation:
Pre-entrance testing is scheduled on most Wednesdays at 9:30am and in the evening several times throughout the year at 5:00pm. Click here for upcoming test dates. The TEAS measures students’ knowledge in Reading, Math, Science and English and Language Usage. It is based upon the skills of a high school graduate.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS version 6.0) by Assessment Technologies, Inc.
At this time the minimum passing scores are as follows:
The minimum ATI Adjusted Individual Total Score must be “50.0% or greater”.
A highly recommended Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Study Manual (6.0) and online practice assessment is available at http://www.atitesting.com. You may purchase the study guide ($60-exact change and cash only) at EASTERN’s Practical Nursing Department in person Monday-Friday from 9am to 3pm.
Also, TEAS version 6.0 free practice test is available here: http://www.testprepreview.com/teas_practice.htm
2. TEAS results from other institutions will be accepted if they were taken within three (3) months of candidates EASTERN inquiry.
Pre-Entrance Testing Requirements
- TEAS Administration Fee is $60.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- Basic Computer Skills and Email Address are required
- To make a reservation On-Line, click this PN Testing Schedule link, select the date you want and click the Online Registration link. Click the Register button and follow the prompts to pay by credit card. If registering by Mail, send a $60.00 check/money order (NO CASH ACCEPTED) with the Pre-Entrance Test Registration Form to:
Eastern Center for Arts and Technology Practical Nursing
3075 Terwood Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
- Please reserve a testing date well in advance as testing dates fill up quickly, sometimes months before the testing date. We will assign you the next available test date unless you indicate a preferred test date on the registration form. You will receive a confirmation in the mail.
- A government issued photo ID must be presented at the time of the test.
- You may re-schedule your test date only once. You must call prior to your test to re-schedule. Failure to do so will result in another $60.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee.
- An individual who receives a satisfactory score but wishes to re-test for a possible higher score may do so once prior to the Application Deadline. There is a $60.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee to re-test.
- An individual who does not receive a satisfactory score may not take the test again for three (3) months. To be eligible to re-test sooner than 3 months, proof of a successfully completed remedial class must be presented to the Admissions Coordinator. Please call 215-784-4800, ext. 451 for more information. There is a $60.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE) fee to re-test.