EASTERN Practical Nursing participates with ATI who has partnered with Proctorio to securely proctor assessments virtually. Proctorio is a remote monitoring platform that uses artificial intelligence and facial detection technology to safeguard testing processes. During your assessment, you will be monitored via webcam, microphone and screen share.
The following technical requirements are needed in order to provide testing remotely:
- Use Google Chrome Version 77 or later
- Personal Desktop Computer or Laptop (IPads, tablets, phones, government or school computers cannot be used)
- Webcam - minimum resolution 320×240 VGA (internal or external)
- Stable high speed internet connection (required)
- Microphone (internal or external)
Set yourself up for success by:
- Using a fully charged personal laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone
- Install Google Chrome on your desktop or laptop computer. You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.
- Have a school or government-issued ID card available
- A well-lit, quiet space to take the assessment
You must have the technical requirements to test remotely from your home, please register for the TEAS test and we will send you the instructions to begin the process. Testing from home is a two-part process. First, you must complete a dry-run with ATI and Proctorio to be sure you have the technical requirements. Then you will be ready to take the test at your scheduled date and time.
If you are unable to test virtually, do not register for the TEAS test. Go to ATI - Test Registration to register to take the TEAS test in person at a Testing Center. ATI will allow you to send your results to one school of your choice for free. Select Eastern Center for Arts and Technology Practical Nursing Program.
- There are deadline dates for the TEAS test along with the Application for each class.
- Passing the pre-entrance Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required for all individuals who plan to apply to the Practical Nursing Program.
- Pre-entrance testing is scheduled throughout the year (TEAS Test Dates). The TEAS test measures students’ knowledge in Reading, Math, Science and English and Language Usage. It is based upon the skills of a high school graduate.
- Pre-entrance Test Version: Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS, version 7) by Assessment Technologies, Inc.
- Minimum ATI Adjusted Individual Total Score must be 44.0% or greater.
ATI TEAS, Version 7 free practice test is available at http://www.testprepreview.com/teas_practice.htm
TEAS results from other institutions will be accepted if they were taken within six (6) months of the candidates’ EASTERN inquiry and Science was included in your Individual Total Score.
Pre-Entrance Testing Requirements
- TEAS Administration Fee is $75.00+ (non-refundable)
- Basic Computer Skills and Email Address are required
- To make a reservation online, click this PN Testing Schedule link, select your date and click the Online Registration link. Click the Register button and follow the prompts to pay by credit card.
- If registering by mail, send a $75.00 check/money order (no cash accepted) with the Pre-Entrance Test Registration Form to:
Eastern Center for Arts and Technology Practical Nursing
3075 Terwood Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
- Please reserve a testing date well in advance as testing dates fill up quickly, sometimes months before the testing date.
- A government issued photo ID must be presented at the time of the test.
- You may reschedule your test date only once. You must call prior to your test to reschedule. Failure to do so will result in another $75.00 non-refundable fee.
- An individual who receives a satisfactory score but wishes to re-test for a possible higher score may do so once prior to the Application Deadline. There is a $75.00 non-refundable fee to re-test.
- An individual who does not receive a satisfactory score may take the test again in one (1) month. Please call 215-784-4800, x451 for more information. There is a $75.00 non-fundable fee to re-test.
- You can only take the TEAS test twice at EASTERN.