End of Program Student Learning Outcomes (EPSLO)
The purpose of the Practical Nursing Program is to prepare safe, entry level practical nurses that can provide quality care in all settings where nursing takes place, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, Physician or other qualified health practitioner. At the completion of the program, the graduate practical nurse will:
- Clinical Decision Making - Demonstrate appropriate clinical decision making based on evolving critical thinking/clinical judgment in the delivery of nursing care.
- Teamwork - Contribute to the interdisciplinary team by communicating using positive interpersonal skills to convey knowledge to promote patient safety and continuity.
- Safety - Provide a patient care environment that minimizes the risk of adverse events by making clinical decisions based on nursing knowledge and evidenced based practice.
- Patient Education - Provide patients with information needed to promote health/wellness and to effectively manage disease.
- Professionalism – Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for personal and professional development that includes legal and ethical principles and complies with the standards of nursing practice.