Janiece Saulsberry – Automotive Technology
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Janiece Saulsberry was selected. She is a senior at Hatboro-Horsham High School and is being honored for her work in EASTERN’s Automotive Technology program.
- While in middle school, Janiece took part in EASTERN’s Summer Fun Automotive and Collision Repair program – EASTERN’s summer enrichment camp for students in grades six through nine. Through her experiences in Summer Fun, she realized that she wanted to start training for an exciting career in the automotive field while in high school.
- She volunteered as a student teacher for EASTERN’s 2019 Summer Fun Automotive and Collision Repair program.
- Janiece has volunteered for the summer reading program for children at the Horsham Library.
- She is a member of the Hatboro-Horsham High School Stage Crew.
- After graduation from Hatboro-Horsham High School and EASTERN’s Automotive Technology program, Janiece plans to attend Penn College of Technology to pursue Electrical Engineering.
- “Janiece is hard working, considerate, attentive, and respectful,” said George Stahl, EASTERN’s Automotive Technology Instructor. “She offers help to the first-year students. She strives to make a difference in all that she does, including her education and her interactions with the community and her peers.”
- Janiece has been selected as EASTERN’s student representative for the Executive Advisory Committee, in which she provides student input on EASTERN programs and marketing of the school.
- Through EASTERN, she has attained industry-standard certifications, such as SP/2 and Valvoline Oil.