Grace Alderman – Commercial Art
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee, and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success, and service. This month Grace Alderman was selected. She is a senior at Springfield Township High School and is in EASTERN’s Commercial Art program. Here are some of the reasons she was selected Student of the Month:
- Grace visited EASTERN twice through Springfield Township School District during 8th and 10th grade tours. Already interested in art, she found that she could turn it into a lucrative career in graphic design.
- Grace is extremely active in SkillsUSA, EASTERN’s student leadership organization and is currently the SkillsUSA school wide Vice President. Over her two years at EASTERN, she has proven to be a successful participant in many SkillsUSA competitions.
- In April of 2019, Grace received second place at the SkillsUSA State competition for Advertising Design.
- At EASTERN, she volunteers her time to assist with EASTERN recruitment events such as Open House and as an assistant teacher for the Computer Art and Digital Photography Summer Fun camp for middle school students.
- At Springfield Township High School, Grace is an honor roll student, serves as Layout Editor for the Yearbook Committee, and is Captain on the Varsity Cheerleading Team.
- “Grace works hard and has an upbeat and positive attitude,” said Nicole Mohrey, EASTERN’s Commercial Art Instructor. “Grace takes on each project with enthusiasm. Her drive to succeed that will take her far in her career and life.”
- After graduating from EASTERN and Springfield Township High School, Grace plans to attend Delaware College of Art and Design for the first two years of college, and matriculate to Pratt to complete her bachelor’s degree in graphic design.