Joanne Scott – Commercial Art
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service.
This month Joanne Scott was selected. She is a senior at Hatboro-Horsham High School and is in EASTERN’s Commercial Art program. Here are some of the reasons she was selected Student of the Month:
- Joanne’s mother is a 1985 EASTERN graduate, so Joanne grew up with an understanding of and appreciation for career and technical education.
- After visiting EASTERN during a tour, Joanne became interested in learning more
about careers in art, such as graphic design and photography. She found that
EASTERN’s Commercial Art program included career paths in various well-paying
positions within the art field.
- Joanne was selected by her Commercial Art Instructor to attend the Career and
Technical Students Organization leadership conference in both 2017 and 2018.
- Joanne is actively involved in EASTERN’s student leadership organization, SkillsUSA.
She is currently the SkillsUSA School Wide President. As a junior, Joanne was part of
the Opening and Closing Ceremonies Team that placed second in the SkillsUSA State
- Last summer, Joanne worked as a student teacher in the Summer Fun Computer Art and Digital Photography program, EASTERN’s middle school summer enrichment
- Outside of school, Joanne babysits for a local family and is a server at Friendly’s
- “Joanne is talented and has an extremely positive attitude,” said Nicole Mohrey,
EASTERN’s Commercial Art Instructor. “She works hard and always maintains her
professionalism. She is a leader in the class and I am proud of her accomplishments.”
- After graduation from EASTERN and Hatboro-Horsham High School, Joanne plans to
continue her education at University of the Arts in Philadelphia where she will focus on
graphic design and photography. During college, she hopes to work as an intern in the