Nicole Sherwood – Cosmetology
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success, and service. This month Nicole Sherwood was selected. She is a senior at Hatboro-Horsham High School and is being honored for her work in EASTERN’s Cosmetology program.
- When Nicole was a sophomore at Hatboro-Horsham High School, she came to EASTERN and visited the Cosmetology program during 10th Grade Career Expo. She was excited about getting an early start on her career training and was excited about the cost savings by taking the program at EASTERN.
- She currently works as a Salon Assistance at Salon 463 where she coordinates guest services, including supply monitoring and facility maintenance.
- At Hatboro-Horsham High School, Nicole is a member of the Key Club.
- “Nicole has a passion for the cosmetology field and has a clear career path for her future,” said Wendy Leyden, EASTERN’s Cosmetology Instructor. “She has drive and ambition that will take her far in this field.”
- After graduation from Hatboro-Horsham High School and EASTERN’s Cosmetology program, Nicole plans to pursue postsecondary for Business at Temple University. Her plan is to work in a salon, and eventually own her own salon.
- Through EASTERN’s Cosmetology program, she will complete the 1,250 classroom hours required to qualify to take the PA State Board of Cosmetology.
- At EASTERN, Nicole serves as a School-Wide Officer for SkillsUSA, EASTERN’s student leadership organization.
- Nicole serves as the student representative for EASTERN’s Cosmetology Occupational Advisory Committee, in which she provides student input into program changes and updates.
- She was chosen by her instructor to attend the Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) Leadership Conference in Hershey for the past two-years.