Kiah Thorne – Commercial Art
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Kiah Thorne was selected. She is a senior at Abington Senior High School and is in EASTERN’s Commercial Art program. Here are some of the reasons she was selected Student of the Month:
- Kiah always loved art and fashion. Through Abington Senior High School, she
heard about the half-day career and technical programs offered at EASTERN and
wanted to learn more about the Commercial Art program. She attended the Open
House during her ninth-grade year to meet the instructor and some students.
- At EASTERN, Kiah works hard and is a high achiever in her Commercial Art class. Last year, Kiah received the Attendance and Creative Photo Junior Award at EASTERN’s annual Awards Night.
- At Abington Senior High School, she is a member of the Fashion Club, National Honor Society, Reading Olympics, and Quilts for Kids – which is a nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming fabrics into patchwork quilts to comfort children facing serious illness, injury or trauma.
- “Kiah’s most amazing skills are her outstanding illustration techniques in almost any media as well as her ability to find the most unique viewpoints and lighting for beautiful photographs,” said Nicole Mohrey, EASTERN’s Commercial Art
Instructor. “Her portfolio is an impressive start to a bright future!”
- After graduation from EASTERN and Abington Senior High School, Kiah plans to continue pursuing her education at Drexel University for fashion design.
- Kiah hopes to obtain an internship in the fashion industry during college. Ultimately, she hopes to succeed in the fashion industry working for a clothing company.