Matthew Binford — Computer Network Administration
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Matthew Binford was selected. He is a senior at Upper Moreland High School and is in EASTERN’s Computer Network Administration program. Here are some of the reasons he was selected Student of the Month:
- Matthew heard positive things from other students who attended EASTERN, so he decided to visit the school during its annual Open House. He was drawn to the Computer Network Administration program because of the dual enrollment partnership with Montgomery County Community College.
- Matthew credits his Computer Network Administration program at EASTERN with improving his time management skills while preparing him for college and for a successful career.
- At EASTERN, he is a member of EASTERN’s students leadership organization, SkillsUSA. Outside of school, he has participated in Boy Scouts of America and the Adopt-A-Highway program. He is a CPR and First Aide Certified Child Care employee at the Hatboro Area YMCA.
- “Matthew has great drive and ambition,” said Kevin Finegan, EASTERN’s Computer Network Administration Instructor. “He has an excellent work ethic and is always willing to assist his classmates when in need. I know he will be successful in college and in life and look forward to seeing all he accomplishes.”
- After graduation from EASTERN and Upper Moreland High School, Matthew plans to continue his education at Montgomery County Community College and matriculate to Bloomsburg University to major in Programming.
- Ultimately, he would like to work as a programmer for a midsized business.