Kody Levine – Collision Repair Technology
This award is sponsored each month by EASTERN’s faculty, Joint Operating Committee and the Willow Grove Rotary Club to highlight student excellence, success and service. This month Kody Levine was selected. He is a senior at Lower Moreland High School and is being honored for his work in EASTERN’s Collision Repair Technology program.
- Kody already understood the value of career and technical education, as both of his brothers also attended EASTERN.
- When Kody visited EASTERN with Lower Moreland’s Murray Avenue School in 8th grade, he was on the tour route that included the Collision Repair Technology program, where he saw the paint booth and learned more about the program from the instructor, Mr. Steven Parke.
- Through his Collision Repair Technology program, Kody plans to begin a paid internship at JD’s Auto Body and Painting in January and hopes that the experience parlays into a full-time position after graduation.
- “Kody’s greatest strength and characteristic is his positive attitude,” said Steven Parke, EASTERN’s Collision Repair Technology Instructor. “He puts an amazing amount of effort into every project. It is evident that this is the right career path for Kody, and I believe he has a successful career ahead of him.”
- After graduation from Lower Moreland High School and EASTERN’s Collision Repair Technology program, Kody plans to work in the collision repair field, and would like to work his way up to manager or foreman.
- As a junior, he was part of the team that placed second at the SkillsUSA State Competition for Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- At EASTERN, Kody currently serves as the SkillsUSA School-Wide Treasurer for the morning session.
- At EASTERN, Kody volunteers his time at recruitment events such as Career Expo and Open House. Last summer, Kody worked as a student teacher for the Summer Fun Automotive and Collision Repair class for middle school students.