What is the EASTERN Joint Operating Committee? In 1966, the School Districts of Abington, Bryn Athyn, Cheltenham, Hatboro-Horsham, Jenkintown, Lower Moreland, Springfield, Upper Dublin and Upper Moreland agreed that a technical school should be established for the purpose of providing career and technical education to Eastern Montgomery County.
The Joint Operating Committee, consisting of nine members, one from each of the participating school districts, is the operating body constituted and governed by Title 24, the “Public School Code of 1949,” of the Pennsylvania statutes.
The Joint Operating Committee performs its duties in conformance with guidelines established in the Articles of Jointure and other provisions established by law.
- It establishes policies for the conduct of its own business and for the operations of school programs conducted at EASTERN;
- Adopts the budgets for operation of the school;
- Acquires real property by purchase, gift or condemnation, for the purposes of EASTERN;
- Receives Federal, State, School District and other public and private funds to establish, operate, improve and expand EASTERN;
- Prepares and submits for approval a budget of proposed expenditures each year to the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Minutes and Board Briefs
Get the Board Briefs by Email
JOC Meeting Dates
All meetings begin at 8:00 pm
August 12, 2020
September 9, 2020
October 14, 2020
November 11, 2020
December 9, 2020
January 13, 2021
February 10, 2021
March 10, 2021
April 14, 2021
May 12, 2021
June 16, 2021