Good welders make good money… learn how at EASTERN!
This two-year half-day program is designed for the student who is interested in the industrial engineering field. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
What You Should Know
- Combination Welder
- MIG Welding
- Gas Welding & Cutting
Students will learn about the properties of different types of metals and how to join them using state-of-the-art welding equipment.
- Students may also qualify for advanced placement college credit at Penn College of Technology.
With Higher Education:
- This program prepares students for success in such career fields as mechanical, aerospace or industrial engineering, physical metallurgist, business owner, teaching, equipment sales and welding engineer.
College Post-Secondary Opportunities:
Penn College of Technology:
- Advanced Placement – competency assessment evaluation made by our teacher to Penn College of Technology and they assign credit value.
- Savings from $1,120 – $3,360 Professional
Certifications and Other Benefits:
- Students with good welding skills have earned the highest cooperative education wages of all our programs.
Externship and Graduate Placement
Paid Externship Employers:
- Paid externship students need 665 hours, or about a year and a half in their program before being considered for paid externship.
- They usually work 4 days a week during school time for the employer and come back to EASTERN one day per week to work on any task as yet unfinished or skills needed for the job.
Companies that hired a student through our Paid Externship program:
- Custom Finishers
- Dudlik Industries, Inc.
- William Henry Iron Works
- J. Laszlo Metal Works, Inc.
- Max Pro Corporation
- Saeger Machine, Inc.
Many of our graduates continue their education or begin their employment right out of school. The following is a list of the educational institutions and companies that have placed our graduates:
- Allen Welding
- Arbor Material Handling Co.
- JM Fabrications
- Kingsbury, Inc.
- McFatridge & Sons, Inc.
- Rhoads Industries
- Richard R. Pucci & Associates
- William Henry Ironworks
- Universal Industries
- Zober Industries, Inc.