Networking and Cybersecurity
Be a college student while still in high school! While in EASTERN’s Networking and Cybersecurity program, you can choose to enroll in Montgomery County Community College for up to 12 transferable credits! In this two-year half day program, students must pass the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) in the first year of the program and are prepared for other industry certification exams in Microsoft Server. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program. More and more businesses need network administrators now. Get your start here!
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for careers in network and systems administration. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as network and computer administrator, computer network support specialist, network engineer and security.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Montgomery County Community College, Penn State Abington, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Temple University, Drexel University, and IUP.Students may participate in dual enrollment for up to 12 transferable college credits at Montgomery County Community College. They also can receive guaranteed admission into Penn State Abington’s School of Information Sciences and Technology if they meet PSU criteria and may receive advanced placement at Pennsylvania College of Technology.
- Industry Certifications:
Students will obtain Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT).
Strong math background recommended.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $400-$600 per year (includes college tuition and books). Access to a working computer (Windows) is a must.
Meet Your Instructor
- Visit the EASTERN E-Store for your program supplies.
- Visit our uniform store for additional uniform options. Please note that these items are not required.
Networking & Cybersecurity and You
- Abington High School Alumni
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- NCS Advisory Committee Recognition Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.