Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
A cool career in a hot industry! Everyone wants to be comfortable in their home or place of business. Maintaining proper cooling and heating are not luxuries – they are necessities. There is always a demand for these services. This two-year career program provides a comprehensive foundation of the basic theories and principles of heating, air conditioning and heat pump systems. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as heating and air conditioning installation technician, heating and air conditioning service technician, retail sales, and heating and air conditioning helper. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as residential heating, air conditioning and building maintenance.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Orleans Technical College, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Penn State Abington, and Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology.Students may also qualify for advanced placement college credit at Pennsylvania College of Technology. Through a college credit articulation agreement with University of Northwester Ohio, students can earn up to 6 credits for Service and Procedures.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn Occupational Safety and Health Administration 10, Tracpipe, Gastite Certification, Environmental Protection Agency Refrigerant Handling, and SP/2 – Construction, which is an online certification that teaches safety and career readiness skills.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $95 – $145
|Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni Associaton Award
- Aramark Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Grainger Award
- Grove Supply Inc. Award
- Hatboro Lions Club Award
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Technology OAC Achievement Award
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Klein Tool Company Award
- Regional Testing Center Award
- Rob Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Weinstein Supply Award
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.