There is always a demand for HVAC services!
This two-year half-day program provides a comprehensive foundation of the basic theories and principles of heating, air conditioning and heat pump systems. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
What You Should Know
- HVAC Technician
- HVAC Helper
- Students may also qualify for advanced placement college credit at Penn College of Technology.
With Higher Education:
- This program prepares the student for success in such career fields as residential heating, air conditioning, mechanical technology, mechanical engineering, insurance consultant and building maintenance.
College Post-Secondary Opportunities:
Penn College of Technology
- Advanced Placement – competency assessment evaluation made by our teacher to Penn College of Technology and they assign credit value
- Savings from $1,120-$3,360
Professional Certifications and Other Benefits:
- Second-year students will be prepared to take the Environmental Protection Agency Refrigerant Certification exam.
Externship and Graduate Placement
Paid Externship Employers:
Paid Externship students need 665 hours, or about a year and a half in their program before being considered for paid externship. They usually work 4 days a week during school time for the employer and come back to EASTERN one day per week to work on any task as yet unfinished or skills needed for the job.
Many of our graduates continue their education or begin their employment right out of school. The following is a list of the educational institutions and companies that have placed our graduates:
- A & P Heating and Air Conditioning
- MMB Construction
- Montgomery County Community College
- Thaddeus Stevens School
- Penn State Abington
- Eastern Center for Arts and Technology (apprenticeship)