You’ll meet industry standards to be a success in this field!
A student enrolled in this two-year half-day program benefits from a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on experience needed to carry out repairs on motor vehicles. Students benefit from the use of I-Car (Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair) enhanced curriculum. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
What You Should Know
- Automotive Refinisher
- Sheet Metal/Cosmetic Repair Person
- Frame/Structural Repair Person
- Automotive Refinisher’s Helper
- This is one of only twenty-one programs in Pennsylvania accredited by the National Institute for Automotive Excellence (ASE) for meeting industry standards.
- Students may qualify for advanced placement college credit at Penn College of Technology.
With Higher Education:
This program prepares the student for success in such career fields as:
- marine and aeronautic service
- new car design
- manufacturing representative
- insurance industry damage appraisal and testing
- race car fabrication and vehicle engineering
- metal fabrication
- safety design engineering
- technical writing
- consumer information technologies
- collision test engineering and teaching
College Post-Secondary Opportunities:
Penn College of Technology:
- Advanced Placement – competency assessment evaluation made by our teacher to Penn College of Technology and they assign credit value.
- Savings from $1,120-$3,360
Professional Certifications and Other Benefits:
- This program is one of only 21 in the commonwealth to be ASE accredited (Automotive Service Excellence)
- Program uses I-CAR (Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair) enhanced curriculum so students will be exposed to the newest automotive refinishing techniques, color mixing and gain practical experience in surface preparation and finishes.
Externship and Graduate Placement
Paid Externship Employers:
Companies that hired a student through our Paid Externship program:
- Klenk’s Collision
- Mondello’s Auto Body Collision Repair
Paid externship students need 665 hours, or about a year and a half in their program before being considered for paid externship. They usually work 4 days a week during school time for the employer and come back to EASTERN one day per week to work on any task as yet unfinished or skills needed for the job.
Many of our graduates continue their education or begin their employment right out of school. The following is a list of the educational institutions and companies that have placed our graduates:
- Automotive Training Center
- Ohio Technical College
- Penn College of Technology
- Bucks County Community College
- Montgomery County Community College
- LaSalle University
- Universal Technical Institute
- DSA Collision Service
- C & C Ford
- Executive Auto Body
- Klenk’s Collision
- Marty Sussman Honda
- Mondello’s Autobody
- Prestige Autobody
- Rems Automotive
- Vintage Autobody
- World Class Autobody
- United States Marines