Collision Repair Technology
Customize your future! You’ll meet industry standards to be a success in this field. A student enrolled in this two-year career program benefits from a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on experience needed to carry out repairs on motor vehicles. Students benefit from the use of I-Car (Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair) enhanced curriculum. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as automotive refinisher, sheet metal/cosmetic repair, frame/structural repair, and automotive refinisher’s helper. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as automotive manufacturing representative, insurance industry damage appraisal and testing, metal fabrication, safety design engineering, and collision test engineering.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Automotive Training Center, Lincoln Tech, Ohio Technical College, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Universal Technical Institute, and WyoTech.Students may qualify for advanced placement college credit at Pennsylvania College of Technology. Through a college credit articulation agreement with Ohio Technical College, Collision Repair Technology students can earn up to two Auto Body courses.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn SP/2, which is an online certification that teaches safety and career readiness skills.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $130 – $175
Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni
- Aramark Award
- BUX-MONT ORT Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Elkins Park Rotary Award (Len Ziemek Scholarship)
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Grainger Award
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Perfect Attendance
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- State Farm Good Neighbor Award
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- United States Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award
- Upper Dublin Women’s Club Award
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.