You’ll develop your own portfolio!
This two-year half-day program covers everything from conceptual drawing and design to a professional portfolio. Students learn the value and application of their unique styles in both design and illustration. Students use industry standard software on the Macintosh platform. Software used includes Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
What You Should Know
- Graphic Design; Commercial Illustration; Digital Imaging Design
Upon Completion of the Program:
- Students will have a portfolio consisting of items a committee of art college representatives established.
- Senior students will have their portfolios reviewed by art school representatives.
- Students may qualify for advanced placement college credits at Penn College of Technology.
With Higher Education:
- This program prepares the student for success in such career fields as graphic design, illustration, animation, computer-generated graphic art, teaching and multi-media specialist.
College Post-Secondary Opportunities:
Penn College of Technology Advanced Placement:
- Competency assessment evaluation made by our teacher to Penn College of Technology and they assign credit value
- Savings from $1,120-$3,360
Professional Certifications and Other Benefits:
- Students will use the latest industry software in our Mac labs
- Many opportunities for students to work on real projects for the school or community clients and use work produced for their portfolio
- Portfolios of all seniors reviewed by Occupational Advisory Committee
Externship and Graduate Placement
Paid Externship Employers:
Paid externship students need 665 hours, or about a year and a half in their program before being considered for paid externship. They usually work 4 days a week during school time for the employer and come back to EASTERN one day per week to work on any task as yet unfinished or skills needed for the job.
Many of our graduates continue their education or begin their employment right out of school. The following is a list of the educational institutions and companies that have placed our graduates:
- Art Institute of Philadelphia
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh
- Bucks County Community College
- Drexel University
- High Fidelity T-Shirt Co.
- Hussian School of Art
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery Co. Community College
- Northampton County College
- Tyler School of Art and Design (Temple)