Prepare for a Career as an Office Professional
This two-year half-day program is designed for high school juniors and seniors who plan to to pursue a career in an office environment. Students study the current Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communications technologies. Students will leave the program well-versed on creating spreadsheets; composing correspondence; managing databases; creating presentations; document management; and on the use of office machines.
Important aspects of this program include office professionalism, communications skills, independent thinking, problem solving, proof reading, as well as phone and email etiquette.
What You Should Know
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Students may qualify for advanced placement college credit at Montgomery County Community College.
With Higher Education:
- This program prepares the student for success in careers in professional office management. Students enrolled in the Office Management program will prepare for post-secondary education or employment in careers such as Office Manager, Administrative Assistant, Data Input Specialist, and Customer Service Representative.
College Post-Secondary Opportunities:
Montgomery County Community College
- Up to nine credits toward MCCC’s Office Administration program
Professional Certifications and Other Benefits:
- Microsoft Office Certifications