Be sure a career pathway in healthcare is right for you! This one-year senior-only program is designed for students with rigorous academic preparation who plan to continue their education in college to prepare for a career in the health field. Students have the opportunity shadow health professionals at Abington-Jefferson Health two days a week beginning in October. This program offers the potential of earning college credits at Montgomery County Community College at reduced tuition rate. This unique opportunity provides students with a first-hand look at the many healthcare careers available to them.
- Career Pathways:
Students prepare for a career in the health field requiring post-secondary education. With further education and experience, students can find opportunities in occupations such as nurse, radiology technologist, physician’s assistant and licensed practical nurse.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Aria Health School of Nursing, Arcadia University, Cedar Crest, Gwynedd Mercy University, Holy Family University, LaSalle University, Montgomery County Community College, Moravian College, West Chester University, York College, and Widener University.Student can also earn up to 3 transferable credits at Montgomery County Community College through dual enrollment.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn American Heart Association CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Grade of ‘C’ or better in Algebra I and II, Biology and Chemistry (College Prep Level)
- High school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Physical exam and police check as mandated by state law
- Child abuse clearance
- PPD (tuberculosis skin test)
- Flu shot required
- No disciplinary issues at the participating high school
- Good attendance
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $350 – $375 (not including MCCC tuition)
Meet Your Instructor
Allied Health and You
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Allied Health OAC Excellence Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- EASTERN Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Flynn and O’Hara Uniforms Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.