Protective ServicesAction, adventure and saving lives! You’ll earn several certifications to give you a head start on careers in this field. This two-year half-day class is a multi-disciplined program developed in consultation with a countywide advisory committee of law enforcement, fire science, security professionals and post-secondary institutions. Detailed instruction is provided on leadership, criminal, motor vehicle crash and fire investigation, first responders, security systems, terrorism, firefighting, hazardous materials and emergency communications. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for careers in firefighting, security, emergency medicine, law enforcement, corrections, and Department of Homeland Security. With further education and experience, students are can find opportunities in occupations such as Fire Marshal or fire line officer, police department administrator or police line officer, industrial security administrator, corrections, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), or commercial security administrator.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Alvernia University, Bloomsburg University, Community College of Philadelphia, Bucks County Community College, Kutztown University, Lock Haven, Millersville University, Montgomery County Community College, Penn State, Shippensburg University and all branches of the U.S. Military.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations through testing by Bucks County Community College, and CPR, First Aid and AED through testing by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Students also earn certificates in the National Incident Management System levels 100, 120c, 200, 235, 240b, 242b, 315, 700, 800, and 907.
- Materials and fees:
- Career Pathways:
Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Protective Services Achievement Award-Fire
- Protective Services Achievement Award-Police
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Upper Dublin Women’s Club Award
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.