Save thousands of dollars by taking this program in high school! This two-year program will provide the skills necessary to begin a career in the cosmetology field. In Pennsylvania, as well as other states, cosmetologists must be licensed to practice in the field. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for a career as a cosmetologist. After obtaining a cosmetology license, graduates can find opportunities in occupations such as a salon, salon management, teaching, product representation, and development and design.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Bucks County Community College, Community College of Philadelphia, and Lansdale School of Cosmetology.
- Industry Certifications:
After completion of 900 hours, students can take the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology licensing exam. When students pass the exam, they will receive their license at the completion the required 1,250 hours.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $500 – $650
- Career Pathways:
Meet Your Instructors
Cosmetology and You
- Learn how to Create a Smokey Eye
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Cosmetology Department Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Faulkner Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Hatboro Rotary
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- Kathleen Carver Award
- Robert I. Morrison Memorial Award
- Ron Eberz Memorial Award
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- Sandra Hummel Customer Service Counts
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Springfield Township High School Alumni Association Award (STHSAA)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.