Fast cars…great jobs! Automotive is a complex and technology-driven industry that is constantly changing. This two-year career program is designed for the student who is serious about working in the automotive industry. One-year seniors will be considered if space is available in the program.
- Career Pathways:
Program prepares students for entry level employment as automotive technician trainee, maintenance and light repair, and under car specialist. With further education and experiences, students can find opportunities in occupations such automotive service, engineering and design, manufacturer representative, and automotive insurance industry/damage appraisal and testing.
See Career Pathway Information here.
- Post-secondary/Advanced Placement:
Students have continued their education at Automotive Training Center, Lincoln Tech, Ohio Technical College, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Universal Technical Institute, and University of Northwestern Ohio.Students qualify for advanced standing through an articulation agreement with Pennsylvania College of Technology. EASTERN has established college credit articulation programs with Ohio Technical College, Universal Technical Institute, and University of Northwestern Ohio.
- Industry Certifications:
Students can earn Valvoline Oil, and S/P2 certification, which is an online certification that teaches safety and career readiness skills. Students will prepare to sit for the Automotive Series exams in the ASE entry-level certification program.
- Materials and fees:
Approximately $100 – $150
|Meet Your Instructor
- Abington High School Alumni Association Award
- Aramark Award
- Attendance Award
- Bryner Chevrolet Award
- Colony Club of Ambler Scholarship Award
- Director’s Award
- Eastern Foundation Award
- Educators’ Association Award
- Foundation Award for High Student Achievement
- Grainger Award
- Huntingdon Valley Rotary Award
- MARA/Automotive Aftermarket Tech Award
- Robert H. Mertz Scholarship for Further Education in Automotive Technology
- Rotary Club of Horsham (M. Earle Felber Vocational Award)
- Sean C. Burke Memorial Scholarship
- SkillsUSA Advisors Award
- Springfield Rotary Award (John McCook Memorial)
- Straight A
- Student of the Month
- Willow Grove Lions Club Award
- Willow Grove Rotary Award (Service Above Self)
- Each class at EASTERN competes for the Class Monthly Attendance Award. This is calculated based on the best attendance percentage of the AM and PM session.